Every ecommerce company that ships out product should have a shipping policies page. You’re going to want to make it clear to your customers what they are to expect as far as processing/handling times, delivery times, carriers you use, and anything else they should know about your shipping process.
Below you’ll find an example template for a shipping policies and procedures page. Feel free to modify the template to best fit your own company’s policies. In the sample below we’ve taken a fictional computer builder company called MYCOMPANYNAME:
Shipping Procedures and Policies
MYCOMPANYNAME Computer Systems typically ships all custom PCs within 3-5 days from the time the order is placed.
Step 1: Every system build begins by gathering the parts, often we’ll have everything we need in stock, if not the part is ordered and build time may be extended to accommodate. This is typically the longest part of a system’s build time.
Step 2: Once all the parts are gathered an experienced technician will build your machine from the ground up, visually inspecting each part for quality and capacity.
Step 3: Once a PC is built it undergoes a 24-hour “burn in” which stress tests the system to ensure that it meets MYCOMPANYNAME’s high quality standards.
Step 4: The PC is then carefully double boxed and shipped via UPS directly to your home or office.
Step 5: Each shipment is fully insured and a tracking number will be emailed once the package is shipped.
Step 6: PC’s shipped from MYCOMPANYNAME require signature confirmation to ensure the safe delivery of your investment so please plan accordingly.
Step 7: Enjoy! Please be sure to retain your order number as this is required for any warranty service. We also recommend you save the original packaging in case of a return.
- While MYCOMPANYNAME strives to maintain it’s 3-5 day average time-to-ship we make no guarantees and will accept no liability nor honor any claim towards ruminative action stemming from a longer than average time-to-ship. (Time-to-ship refers to the time period between the order placement and the handing of the product over to the carrier for transport.)
- MYCOMPANYNAME will ship to any physical address in theUS. MYCOMPANYNAME will not ship to P.O. Boxes and will not ship outside of theUSat this time. Each package requires signature confirmation therefore timely delivery requires that the customer make themselves available for its reception.
- Every computer shipped from MYCOMPANYNAME is ensured up to the full purchase price. It is MYCOMPANYNAME’s responsibility to pursue any claim with the carrier. Please note that this is only applicable to the original shipment from MYCOMPANYNAME to the customer and not for subsequent shipments for returns or repair.
- MYCOMPANYNAME’s preferred carrier is UPS and all shipping will be competed through them unless otherwise specified. MYCOMPANYNAME shipping prices may vary with those of their carrier. MYCOMPANYNAME guarantees that the shipping cost will be accurately displayed for each purchase at the time of purchase from MYCOMPANYNAME.com
- All build and ship times are counted in business days only and correspond with those of UPS our preferred carrier. MYCOMPANYNAME honors all holidays honored by our preferred carrier and follows a M-F work week.
- For information on returns and warranty information please visit out Warranty and Returns Policy page.
Copyright OutletPC Blog
Incoming search terms:
- shipping procedures template
- Shipping Policy Sample
- shipping policy template
- basic shipping policy
- sample office shipping procedures